Thursday 13 March 2014

Buttercream frosting - my attempt

Further to my post yesterday on how to Frost the Perfect Cupcake, I gathered my courage and frosted Miss Almost 4s cupcakes for school! 
Turns out I do not have a the right tip and mine came out all over the place, while I went into "arh that's not how the picture looks" Miss Almost 4 was delighted as they looked like the ice-cream out of the truck and she liberally applied the sprinkles with a very satisfied "see"! 
Oh well back to the baking books!! 




I have 2 recipes for this one is the way from the lovely lady at i heart nap time which I really want to use but as the only mixing utensil I have is my ThermoChef I adapted it to suite so both are below!

Standard:


Classic buttercream frosting recipe
 
Ingredients
  • 2 stick of butter (softened)( is 226g for those of us in Australia)
  • 4 cups powdered sugar(icing sugar)
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2-5 teaspoons of cream or milk
Instructions
  1. In a large mixing bowl whip the butter. Slowly add in 2 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Add the vanilla and 1 more cup of powdered sugar and continue mixing. At this point you may need to add a teaspoon or two of milk to thin the frosting down. Add in your last cup of powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add more or less milk depending on the consistency. You want the frosting nice a creamy, but for it to be able to hold a point. 

Thermo Chef

Ingredients
  • 2 stick of butter (softened)( is 226g for those of us in Australia)
  • 4 cups powdered sugar(icing sugar)
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2-5 teaspoons of cream or milk 
Instructions

  1. I add my butter to my TC and mixed on speed 8 for 8 seconds
  2. I turned my TC down to speed 4 and slowly added 2 cups of icing sugar through the top,  once I had finished the two cups I gave it a few seconds and then turned it off and scraped down the sides
  3. I added the vanilla, 3 teaspoons of milk and turned it back on to speed 4 and once again slowly started adding the icing sugar from the top, once finished I gave it 5 seconds and it was perfect.
 Strawberry Fizz is a boutique Party Pack website; creating quality, fresh, unique and simply gorgeous party packs.  Designed to take the hard work out of decorating for your next party.  Visit us at strawberry-fizz.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment