Tuesday 25 March 2014

Princess party

My Miss 4 had a ball at her Princess Party, my new stock I am getting in soon was a hit and we are all ready to get back to normality!


This was our arts and crafts table, we made crowns and royal jewelry. The jewelry was made from lifesavers, jellies and fruit loops, possibly the most tedious job I have done in a very long time sorting fruit loops into colours and incredibly boring.



Our Princess centerpiece and cupcake cases with 4 different princess toppers is part of the new stock due in soon. The butter icing was made from the same recipe that I used in an earlier blog and I just added some pink food colouring. http://strawberryfizzpartyideas.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/buttercream-frosting-my-attempt.html. 
My little miss loved the centerpiece and ooohhh and arhhh over it, it is now settled in her in bedroom with the 4 princesses that came with it and has been played with happily.


This was the table was set up for the kids, we made watermelon sticks, crown fairy bread, crown sandwich's and crown and star sugar cookies (yes I got value out that crown cookie cutter). The recipe for the cookies was on a previous blog http://strawberryfizzpartyideas.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/its-sugar-cookie-day-and-i-am-all.html
The plates, napkins and cups are all part of the Princess Party packs due to arrive in soon.






These berry and marshmallow kebobs were the first to go.


I found a recipe for Oreo Pops! This is what they should have looked like:


And this is mine! They where a lot harder than the recipe and took ages, I can promise you, I will not be making these again in a hurray but below is the here's how.

Ingredient's:

  • White chocolate
  • Double Stuffed Oreos
  • Sprinkles
  • Sucker sticks

  • Melt the chocolate as per the instructions on the packet 
  • Remove one side of the Oreo cookie and place sucker stick in the filling.  Put a small amount of melted chocolate in the cookie to help create a bond to the other cookie.
  • Place the other Oreo cookie back on top of the cookie filling.
  • Let the Oreo cookie pops sit for several minutes to allow the chocolate to setup and create a bond.
  • Dip the Oreo cookie pop into the melted chocolate. Cover both sides then tap off the excess chocolate.
  • Place one side of the Oreo pop in the sprinkles.
  • Place the sprinkled Oreo pop on wax paper and allow to setup for 20-30 minutes.

*Notes
  • The cookies do break when you try to get them apart, so buy extra if you have a set amount you need to make
  • I did this on a warm day and after 35 minutes of waiting for the "bond to set" I finally thought to put them in the fridge and they set pretty quickly
  • When you take them out of the fridge if it is a warm day do so in 4 or 5 at a time as the chocolate started to melt again and I lost one in the dipping process!
  • I used baking paper and they didn't stick once I had dipped them I placed them back in the fridge



We had a great day and while I spent days slaving away in the kitchen before hand and could sleep for a week now, my princess loved it and I did enjoy discovering all the wonderful things I could do to add to the theme.
Strawberry Fizz is a boutique Party Pack website; creating quality, fresh, unique and simply gorgeous party packs.  Designed to take the hard work out of decorating for your next party.  Visit us at strawberry-fizz.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment